Wednesday 16 August 2023

πŸ’› What's on your work desk Wednesday? 741

 πŸŒˆπŸ’•πŸ€Έ‍♀️ Goooood Morning πŸ€— it's Wednesday which means it's time for another look at what's on my workdesk πŸ‘€ linking up to the lovely Julia who hosts WOYWW over at the
If you'd like to join in or find out more ... then please hop on over.
From darkness comes light ⭐️  I'm so sorry I haven't been around in ages, life happened and to top it off along came the Menopause ...  it has turned me upside down, inside out, back to front and took me down a dark dark hole, losing parts of myself it feels on the ride!

Who knew HORMONES cauld create such chaos!! 

I've written many a post to join in over the weeks, the months that have passed to only end up ... deleting them 🀦‍♀️ so unsure of myself, not feeling good enough  ... I hate what it is doing to me ... I promised myself that enough is enough ... I'm starting the climb back up, one rung at a time ...  trying to find myself again, reaching for the light ⭐️ 

Today I've stood like Superman 🦸‍♂️ don't laugh πŸ™ƒ it works ... with my hands on my hips, head looking up for 5 minutes ... I used to start my days doing that πŸ™ƒ  I really did ... so today I did it, I feel better for it ... have you tried it? You really should it's very empowering ... I then told myself I was going to have a beautiful day ❤️ and post on here, to say helloooo πŸ€— 
Soooo here's my desk this morning πŸ‘€ it's been tidy for a while but yesterday this happened in the afternoon 😊 ⬆️
πŸ–Œ✂️ Lots of bits and bobs ...
... even resting on the front underneath ... I was going to blank out the words on the book paper πŸ“œ but I fell in love πŸ’– with the words already written 😊to be saved, to be used for sure as is.
Tooo little piles πŸ’› all types of paper and scraps that I hunted out to add to my junk journals.
I eventually settled down to doing this ⬇️
I found myself reworking a wee junk journal I created a while ago πŸ–Œ for inspiration for a swap using some of my 
Angels of Love & Light along with my Bloom and Blossom stamps ... I've been doing a lot of looking back at my creations lately, looking for inspiration, reminding myself what I can do ... when this little junk journal started whispering for ...
... more colour πŸ’™πŸ’–πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ€Ž I loved the original dusky hues inside ( fruit teas and coffee stains) BUT tooo keep the storm clouds from enveloping me I need colour πŸ’™πŸ’–πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ€Ž in my world right now! 
🦸‍♀️ Being BRAVE ... with no plan only to DO ... I tickled, I sploshed, I blew ...  the  🎨 paint around πŸ–Œwith water, lots of water πŸ’§ to make it smoosh and smooch ...  making her pop πŸ’• I can see yoooou, I hear you now ...  I told her ... Wild and Free she is now πŸ’› living up to her name ... I love the texture of the paper ... I love how soft wild & free is,almost blurred, softly, softly ... using a light ink pad to stamp her helped give her a sketchy look ... dare I say I love the sketchy look 😊 I'm trying, learning to love what I can do again ... pushing the gremlins ... the doubts in my head away ... the feeling of not being good enough that overwhelms at times lately. 
Yes, I can admit to feeling terrified 😱  would I spoil what I had already created ... but I pushed those thoughts aside ... 
... out came my gouache paints 🎨 oh it has been a while since I cracked them open ... happy, happy, bright colours awaited me ... toooo delight my eyes , tooo wake up my Soul! 
🎨 All dried up but with a little water πŸ’§ they came back to life πŸ’™πŸ’–πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ€Ž bringing warmth and magic within the pages.
⬆️ I didn't have any pallette s 🎨 to hand πŸ™ƒ but I did have some paper tags in reach with the bonus of once I'm done I can use them inside my wee junk journals 😘 it allowed me to stay in that space where everything keeps flowing.

I'm going to finish adding colour 🌈 then pop it up over in my Facebook group ... get the swaps going again ... it's been a wee while! 

I just have a few pages left to do then I'll take more photos πŸ“Έ 😘 

 ⭐️ To this little one who whispered to remind me ... to remind you ... 
 ... it's all going to be alright ... trust, have faith πŸ™

I'm not going to read this over, I'm not going to overthink, I'm just going tooo press the publish button on the top right 😊 

Thank you so much for stopping by πŸ™ I'm looking forward to having a catch up around the desks, popping by to say hellooo.

Wishing ⭐️ you all good things with much love ❤️  and the warmest of hugs πŸ€— winging your way.
Tracy
XXX

20 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It definitely HAS been awhile since I saw your name on the list. You always have such colorful posts. I hope your battle with menopause is now under control.

Those are some bright colors. I love your little drawings and words. You were brave and you actually made a fabulous junk journal. You created some incredible tags, too. Happy WOYWW from # 6.

Sue Hall said...

Tracy, you are sooo loved🫢🏼 It’s so good to see you publish your words again πŸ₯° The menopause ‘hits’ all women in various ways & yet there’s been very little research on it, despite it effecting half of the population. After watching Davina McCall on “Sex,Myths & Menopause” on channel 4 🌈 I’m now on HRT & feeling more like my old self. πŸ₯³ I’m praying for you in your new chapter of life, Tracy. Big love & hugs, Sue. πŸ’•

Annie said...

Oh Tracey. I'm so sorry to hear you've been struggling and yes you've been missed. Your work always makes me smile so please join in when you can. Life can throw us a curved ball at times but focus on the positives and I hope your struggle becomes easier for you. Sending you much love.
Hugs,
Annie x #11

Glenda said...

No words of wisdom here but if we live long enough all us ladies must pass through the tunnels of menopause! I was just plain ANGRY when I went through it! And I still have hot flashes to this day but thankfully they have slowed down to maybe one a day so there is light at the end. I loved all the gorgeous color you showed this morning...such beauty here. Hang in there!
Glenda #18

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It’s so lovely to see your name on the list - we;d have been there for you even on those dog days. You’re not on your own re the Menopause, I knew all about the physical changes but nothing prepared me for the mental things, my confidence just zipped away and all of a sudden I was scared about doing stupid normal things. No one told me about that so I’m glad there’s more discussion about it these days. Don’t suffer in silence.
I LOVE that palette of gouache paints, that’s made me very happy!
Hugs LLJ 1 xx

Neet said...

Oh Tracy, you didn't have to go through this alone. I thought you were just busy with your girls and there you were, struggling. You've been there for me so any times and now I am here for you if you want to offload at any time.
It's a horrilble thing for so many women and others sail through it. I went through it twice, once again after my "hysterial rectomy" I had all the symptoms again.
Anyway, enough of that, you are on the up and we must keep it that way. Get out on those lovely walks with Alex and Bella and try to smile and laugh again. You are too precious and too pretty to have a frown on your face.
We need to see your artwork and the lovely palettes you treat us too.
Sending you lots of love wrapped up in great big hug
Neet 3 xx

BJ said...

Oh sweetie, so glad you have jumped back in, I was missing you. I'm a few years down the road post menopause, full of aches and pains and hot hot hot and don't sleep well but for me it's far better than the 40+ years of period hell. You'll have to enlighten me as to what exactly Gouache paints are the colours are a feast to my eyes, love colour. Love the little tags you used as your pallet, special in their own way too, just like you. Anyway you certainly made the lady bloom with the added colour, love her. You are most certainly good enough. And the light shineth in the darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. John 1:5 KJV Hugs BJ#5

Sarah Brennan said...

So glad to see you back Tracy and sorry to hear that the menopause has hit so hard. Love the latest work and those lovely characters that fall out of your brush and pencil. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #16

Helen said...

It's great to see you after so long and I'm sorry you've been struggling so much. Hope it is more under control now . A wonderful post and I'll be back to see it big on the computer later ! Thanks for visiting already. Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Tracy, I'm late today as we've been to the fish farm this morning. It's great to see you back again. Sorry to hear the menopause has proved difficult and hope you get more improvemnt soon. Sending you hugs and wishes for a happy and creative woyww, Angela x15x

Twiglet said...

Oh Tracey what a time you are having. I love the superman idea - you are such lovely talented girl so keep those positive thoughts. Talk to people, don't suffer alone. It's so unfair how some suffer from a totally normal body change. Your artwork is so beautiful and that delicate little face is stunning. x x Jo

Tracey T said...

Oh that made me smile wide Tracy, standing tall like superman🦸‍♂️ has certainly worked, I must try it. Your journal looks beautiful and I love the colours you've chosen. I've never tried gouache πŸ€”

Sue Abbott said...

It is sooooo so good to have you back, even more so seeing this beautiful girl and the creativity shared in your journal, made even more special by the words...... inspiration as always Tracy. Hang in there, we all love ya loads!!!! Xxx

Lanny R said...

Just Lovely to read your blog again.
The changes to your Angel are brave and beautiful. She is brighter ,has a light in her eyes, a confident gaze and a strong presence . She wears her colours well!
Reading your words it seems your inner self is flowing from you brush and ALL of you is definitely still in"there". 🌞

Anonymous said...

Tracy,my dearest you have worked wonders here,I love everything you have done so so beautiful wish I could do as welljust halfwee book as (half)

pearshapedcrafting said...

It is going to be alright! What a fabulous range of colours - I hope using them cheered you up. Hopefully we'll have a little bit more sunshine this week to cheer you on your way!It really is going to be alright and I hope it's sooner rather than later! Take care sweet lady, big hugs to you both, Chris (and Tony) xxx

Mary Anne said...

Dealing with aging-parent health issues yesterday so a bit late. How gorgeous your junk (ha ha, anything BUT) journal is and the glorious colour make me want to stand, hands on hips, and smile at the sky :D Sometimes, it's all about the words, right? But when it's words and colour? Oh, and your stunning little drawings too! Well then it just makes us sing!

Happy late WOYWW!
Mary Anne (7)

TDQ Karen said...

Now I will picture you standing like Superman for a long time. My what a beautiful page lovely that you are back at your desk sends many hugs πŸ«‚πŸ«‚πŸ«‚❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈🌈❤️❤️❤️❤️

Olive Appleby said...

Well Tracy..menopause is evil😳😳😳. It has been with me for many years, now 70, with no signs of it disappearing anytime soon. At least I’m not in paid employment. After many blood tests the doctor has put me on folic acid, helps apparently, still waiting for the miracle. You can only do your best each day, which is always different. We have to take better care of ourselves, women do so much for everyone else. Enjoy your new addition, your wonderful artwork and take whatever time you need to be you. Your artist friends love and support you. πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰. OliveπŸ’‹

Robyn said...

grateful you are back and visiting! thanks for being a Brave girl! you will come back just like your paints! Big Love to you Robyn 4