Wednesday 6 September 2023

❤️ What's on your Work Desk Wednesday?744

 πŸŒˆπŸ’•πŸ€Έ‍♀️ Goooood Morning πŸ€— it's Wednesday which means it's time for another look at what's on my workdesk πŸ‘€ linking up to the ⭐️ lovely Julia who hosts WOYWW over at the
❤️ If you'd like to join in or find out more ... then please hop on over 🀸‍♀️

πŸ’™ Thank yooou so much for all your beautiful comments here and on social media πŸ™ last week πŸ’Ÿ Bella's🐾sending lots of wet kisses.

😚 Here's my work desk this morning ... Yooou better sit down
πŸ˜…πŸ˜†πŸ˜ Yoooou fell over didn't yoooou ... didn't you πŸ™ƒ it's as tidy as my desk can get 😁 
Here's a closer keek πŸ‘€ see all those jelly  moulds 🧐
They're perfect for holding long forgotten supplies 🌈 all colours of the rainbow πŸ’™ and more 🧑 I have 5 of them on my desk.
Tooo fancy wee bowls πŸ’™
Toooo the pottery jug I made from scratch and fired.
Why am I surrounding myself with colour?

Thank yooou to the lovely BJ πŸ’Ÿ I'm doing a free taster workshop with Louise Fletcher ... I'm totally out of my comfort zone πŸ™ƒ never done anything like the photo below ⬇️ I've taken over the kitchen bunker as it's been messy 🎨 my carpet wouldn't be happy if I sploshed paint on it πŸ™ƒ
It's been full of emotions, trying new things, pushing past feeling tense,uncomfortable, not worrying about the end results and at times I've wanted to ... hide πŸ™ƒπŸ˜Š
Especially with lesson 2 ⬆️ I procrastinated for a bit ... I really did 🀦‍♀️ no brushes, no pencil ... 
I used a palette knife, a pottery tool, my fingers along with charcoal 🀸 and oil pastels ... scribbles lots of scribbles, smudging, playing, learning ... this one was at the very beginning ⬇️
I could feel myself loosening up with the marks I made ... as I reminded myself it's only paper! 
Being brave 🌈  with colour ... getting my hands messy 🀸 not caring how she turned out ... this was playing πŸ˜‰
Not looking for perfection ... not worrying if others would like it ... my only thoughts were ...  " what did I learn in the process "
The answer ... lots 😘  plus it's made me feel ... alive with the butterflies in my tummy fluttering, waking up to work there magic as I create. I have a bit of catching up to do ... colour swatching  along with another lesson so watch this space ☺️
πŸ’™  I'm away early to spend the day at Mum's 🀸so it might be this evening before I get around to visiting the desks today, but I'll catch you laterπŸ₯°

⭐️ Wishing yoooou so much joy in your days πŸ’• with much love ❤️ and hugs πŸ€—
Tracy
XXX

15 comments:

Christine said...

Another joyful post . . . love the last photo, happy hands.
I love to paint Masterboards, just slooshing paint on with anything I can find, letting it dry and then adding to it . . . happy hands.
Enjoy your day with Mum
Christine #16

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am also doing the Louise Fletcher taster. Your first set is charming. Your second set is SO realistic. Nothing like I created, which was abstract. You are a wonderful artist and I can see you are truly into faces and realism. LOVE all those products sitting in jars and hand fired bowls, etc. Happy WOYWW from # 5. Have a great day with your mother.

Helen said...

What a fun time you're having. I love what you're doing. Happy woyww Helen #1

Mary Anne said...

Oh I am sure that free class popped into my feed but I am hip deep in Fodder School and thought I couldn't take on another thing. And you have reminded me I need to find my Woodies. They should be with my Neocolours and the kinda-Gelatos but they are not. Hummm.. Those little squares are just lovely, all cool blues and greens. Like all I see on your desk week on week, delicious.

Happy sunny WOYWW!
Mary Anne (9)

Sarah Brennan said...

Love how she turned out Tracy - she looks so free and easy. Fab catching a glimpse of all your other lovelies on the clean desk too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #8

Sue said...

🌈There’s so much joy & colour in your work Tracy, πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🎨 it oooozes through theπŸͺ cyber space πŸ’« to me & tickles my tummy tooπŸ¦‹ Can’t wait…πŸ€—….. Big love & hugs, SueπŸ₯³

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi late today, had distractions. Loving the new art work. Hope you had a good time with your mum too. Sending happy woyww wishes, Angela x15x

Lynnecrafts said...

Well done you for stepping out of your comfort zone and trying a new workshop. I love your vibrant painting.
Is clean desk, dirty hands an equation that’s likely to continueπŸ˜‚.
Take care; have a good week
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 2 xxx

Crafting With Jack said...

That’s a lovely photograph of you. It’s good to have a face to go with the image of your happy creative self. I love your “squares”. 4 feel like giving the course a try myself. Hugs Angela #3

Kelly said...

Good morning, Tracy!
Oooo, I am so proud of you, my friend. Great to see you playing and hearing your response. Love seeing your pieces. Creative Blessings & Hugs! Kelly #19

My name is Cindy said...

Hi there Tracey, lovely photo of you. It is hard for me to think that you need to try anything new, you are so good at what you do but sounds like you are having a blast!! Long live happy messy hands for happy soul!! Hope you have a good week, love n hugs Cindy xx #17

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Such an inspiring post... love all the creativity!

Neet said...

Thought I hsd commented on Wednesdy but obviously not as I found your blogpost on a screen ticked behind another two! So me at the moment.
Love seeing you with your glasses on, not used to that view, you look lovely in them and with dirty hads from enjoying playing with portraits. Love your faces. Your girls are so sweet. And I espy some on your desk, actually on the wood of the desk, how thrilling.
Tracy you are such a good artist and the way you write your blog is so entertaining too.
Miss you now that Sharon is not well enough to do classes.
Hugs, Neet xx

BJ said...

Oh my goodness, got a bit involved with the end of the acrylics course and seem to have signed up for a watercolour one too (wed-fri) and what with the heat and not sleeping even worse that usual, I'm only just emerging form all the stuff and the dust is settling.

Oh how amazing is your day 2 of the course, didn't find it on the facebook group!!! Actually I didn't really like the course at all but really glad you found it though and it means something to you.
Love all your pots of colourful wonderfulness too.
Hugs BJ#6

Spyder said...

Thank you for your visit Tracy, I always find your post amazing! so much stuff that you are into! and so muct excitment going on! Maybe I should join a course! have a great week!
((Lyn))