Wednesday 20 September 2023

❤️ What's on your work desk Wednesday? 746

 πŸŒˆπŸ’•πŸ€Έ‍♀️ Goooood Morning πŸ€— it's Wednesday which means it's time for another look at what's on my workdesk πŸ‘€ linking up to the ⭐️ lovely Julia who hosts WOYWW over at the
❤️ If you'd like to join in or find out more ... then please hop on over 🀸‍♀️

I've been a bit poorly since last week ... I'm on a second round of antibiotics 🀞 fingers crossed they do the trick ... I'm the worst if I'm ill πŸ€ͺ ask Alex 🀦
Sooo I have very little to share with yooou this week as my desk hasn't seen much work going on 🀷‍♀️ this is my desk as I left it ( I'm messy)
I had been playing around with my supplies before I went downhill ...
This has a GAZZILION layers on it ... so much so ... that it almost has the feel of FABRIC πŸ™ƒ it's not PRETTY to me BUT it makes me HAPPY.
Did I mention ... LAYERS ... so many ... one upon the other ... that I could scrape the paint away ... to reveal a little boat ⛵️ in the mist.
This corner right here ... makes me SMILE
If you know me 😊 then you know my love for πŸ’—'s along with words, lots of words ✏️ it wouldn't be me without them. 
It took me back to being a bairn 
( that's me 😊) 
⭐️ just sploshing, splashing, splodging paint 🎨 using fingers πŸ– stencils, crayons, charcoal, paint pens, woody's ✏️ smooching πŸ–Œ adding random scraps of papers.

I kinda LIKE it πŸ™ƒ It's went through so much already πŸ–Œ on it's JOURNEY ... from pea green πŸ’š to multiple COLOURS of the rainbow 🌈 SCRATCHING, SCRAWLING so many WORDS underneath that you can't see πŸ‘€ Each LAYER at times looking a HOT MESS ... at others ... I LOVED ... but forcing myself to splosh over those LAYERS, to not care ... to be FREE ... no JUDGEMENTS ... no one WATCHING πŸ‘€LEARNING not to be AFRAID to MESS UP and LET it GO ... to have FUN ... to LEARN ... I may have started to GRIN 😁 like a LOON half way through ... It didn't matter if I didn't LIKE it OR LOVE it ... I was learning about what I DO and DON'T  like ... PLUS it's only a bit of PAPER I remind myself.

🎨 I might add to it OR chop ✂️ it up to use between the pages of a handmade Junk Journal.

 πŸ™Thank you to Louise Fletcher's Taster Workshop ...  I'm exploring more ... having FUN ... finding out more about ME along the way.

Thank yooou so much for stopping by πŸ’• for yet again listening to my ramblings 😊 It might take me a day or two to get around the desks, but I will be visiting 😘
Have a MAGICAL week, stay SAFE.
Much love ❤️ and hugs πŸ€—
Tracy
XXX

19 comments:

Christine said...

Your post is so joyful and happy . . . even if you're not feeling 100%. Cheered me up anyways, thank you.
The 'so many layers it's almost fabric' made me think . . . . .
Have a good week
Christine #15

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You’re so right, children just launch into art without overthinking things - we lose that as we grow up which is really sad. So I’m pleased that you just had fun with that piece, maybe that’s why you love it so much, just pure unadulterated joy in creating something (and it is very pretty!). I’m so sorry you’ve been ill, hope the meds are kicking in and are helping. I’ve got gout, first time ever, and it’s bl&*^y painful so am on horse tablet sized painkillers. They are helping but my goodness, I hope I don’t get it again!
Hugs, LLJ 3 xx

Tracy said...

Thank you Jan, I have an idea what to use it for 😘
Gouts awful I remember when my Mum had it ... here's to those horse sized tablets working magic on you ⭐️ leaving you pain free ... sending gentle hugs with get well wishes πŸ€— feel much better soon 🀞you take extra care! πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Tracy said...

Thank you Christine πŸ’• happy to hear it cheered you up 😊 ohhhh I can hear your mojo weaving it's magic from here ✨️ πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh gosh, you've been hit hard if you need a second week of antibiotics, I am sorry for you, hope they start to really make you feel better now. Meanwhile, fluids, rest and absolutely no housework!! I love the sheet of layers, and despite my 8nability to c9me anywhere near your artistic flair, words are very necessary on such a piece. If it was up to me, random or not, words would feature on everything in one form or another!

Mary Anne said...

Love layers! And the whole post is just so full of light and joy on what is (here) a very dark and dismal rainy day. Sorry you are under the weather (no pun there) and hope you are soon healthy again. It will be lovely to see your junk journal if you do make one. Hint Hint... :D

Happy, if wet and miserable, WOYWW!
Mary Anne (7)

Crafting With Jack said...

Happy to hear you are having fun with your art. Your post is so full of fun and happiness. Sorry to hear you have been poorly and I do hope you will feel better soon. I thought I had taken a screen shot of Lesson 3 to remind me, but it seems to have disappeared. Was that lesson 3 on display? I must admit lesson 4 has me puzzled. Do you paint the background first? Hugs and Happy WOYWW. Angela #10

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for your supportive visit. I wish you well in feeling better. I think the change of seasons is hard on all of us. It's true FALL here trees are turning colors and nights are cool 40's My favorite is FALL I am now dealing with Fibromyalgia not a doctor person but had to find out about muscle issues nothing...so I started reading and reading and WHAM one article had symtoms listed to a T At least I know and can deal with it by great suggestions.

Your desk papers are always so awesome..I'm trying to work with black/brown/dabs of white with cardboard ....................... Best Wishes and happy creating.

Tracy said...

Thank yooou Angela πŸ™I've sent you an email πŸ’• hope it helps 😘 I'm thinking we don't paint the background first, just follow the list ... definitely be different πŸ˜πŸ™ƒ huge hugs winging your way Tracy xxxx

Tracy said...

Helloo Mary Anne πŸ’• thank you 😊 I have a whisper that's getting louder inside my head and most definitely will share 😁😘 the junk journal. Have a beautiful creative week , big hugs πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ˜Š

Tracy said...

Thank you Julia πŸ™ hopefully they're the right antibiotics to zap it this time 🀞I'm in total agreement about words 😁😘 I'd have them everywhere lol!! Have a lovely creative πŸͺ‘ week, big hugs πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Tracy said...

Oh Sylvia hugging you gently, my mum has fybro amongst friends of ours as well. Rest easy when you have a flare up, treat yourself to massages when you're not so sore, stay cosy and when you're tired ... rest. Gentle hugs winging your way lovely πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
P.S
It was lovely to stop by this week xxxx

Lynnecrafts said...

Sorry you’ve not been well and I hope you’re feeling better soon. I love the photo of you when you were small and your free and happy painting.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 16 xx

Annie said...

I'm doing a quick whizz around my favourite blogs before I get changed to go out[will tell you more on Friday]....its all go.
So sorry to hear you're on your second lot of antibiotics...I almost think they make you feel worse before you're better. There's so many bugs around at the mo.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Neet said...

I'm dithering about the Louise Fletcher course (free) but with so much on at the moment I don't know. Sounds good but then I like your work anyway and you make lovely backgrounds.
So sorry you are on antibiotics, they don't make you feel that good whilst taking them but if they are needed then you must go through the feelings to get to the end. Just hope it is soon for you, you are too precious to be ill and we cannot do with you laid up.
Get lots of rest, beautiful lady, and warm drinks and cuddles from Bella. Now that seems a good way to go to me.
Hugs as always and thanks for the message
Neet 5 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

Oh I do hope the antibiotics do the trick this time Tracy and you are fit again soon. Love those layers and the texture in the paint. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Helen said...

hope you feel better soon. I am loving all your layers though. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Tracy, sorry I'm late today just got distracted earlier. I do hope you're feeling better soon but it's good that you are here no matter what the desk looks like though your's is always full of interesting things to see. You do whatever makes you happy sweetie. Enjoy your crafty woyww. Hugs, Angela x11x

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. I hope you are feeling better soon, and back to your fabulous layers of paint/paper etc etc. Ali x #13